Monday, September 24, 2007

Spotlight on an Artist Carisa Robinson






Q1.
Name, Age, Part of Southern California currently residing in.

Carisa Robinson - 30 - Long Beach

…………………………………………………………………………………
Q2. Where are you originally from and what brought you to LA?

I grew up in Cleveland, OH…but I lived in Atlanta, GA for 10 years after college.
I moved to LA 3 years ago to pursue more opportunities in the fashion industry.
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q3. What is your artistic expression(s)?

I am a fashion designer, I love creating clothes.
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q4.Artistic background (jobs, training, etc)?

I went to a fashion design school in Atlanta, Bauder College, and then worked for local
designers in Atlanta. I now work in downtown LA for a Juniors clothing manufacturer (in
sales & merchandising).
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q5. What inspires you and your work?

Music, Old movies (40’s-70’s), art, travelling….actually pretty much anything I see that moves me.
………………………………………………………………………
Q6. What area(s) of Mosaic do you serve? In what capacity? How did you get connected to the ministry?

I serve on the fashion ministry in different areas. I love coming up with new events and areas we can help serve people in LA through our talents. Like mending clothes at the URM or working with kids on different sewing & crafts projects. I got connected through my mentor during Heart-2-Heart , Julia Lovan. She mentioned there were a lot of Fashion lovers at Mosaic and she was working on creating a ministry for it…and here I am!
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q7. Tell us about some of your recent projects.

Currently the fashion ministry is working on an event for Halloween where we will create costumes for children who are in temporary housing at Union Station Foundation in Pasadena. I am also working on creating my own contemporary clothing line for women. I want to create a globally conscience clothing line that is inspired and infused with different cultures around the globe. I also want a portion of the proceeds to go toward the despair in Africa (AIDS, clean water, Darfur refugees,…)
…………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………;……
Q8. When you’re not creating what do you like to do?

I love movies, reading, writing poetry occasionally, and enjoying time with friends…

Q9. Any other comments?

For years I have wanted to find a way to serve others through my talents and creativity and I love that I have that opportunity through Mosaic and the fashion ministry. It is so awesome to be a part of sharing God’s love for others through your passions.
…………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………
Email: cxrisx@yahoo.com

No comments: