Monday, August 20, 2007

Spotlight on an Artist Kristin Gallagher


Q1.
Name, Age, Part of Southern California currently residing in.

Kristin Gallagher, 25, West Hollywood, CA

…………………………………………………………………………………
Q2. Where are you originally from and what brought you to LA?

I grew up near LA and moved to Flagstaff, AZ for 10 years. I wanted to move back to LA and pursue animation at the Art Institute.
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q3. What is your artistic expression(s)?

I do motion capture and animation at work. Outside of work I do some motion graphics, painting, photography, and quilting/crocheting/craft projects.
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q4.Artistic background (jobs, training, etc)?

One year of architecture in college, fine arts for one year, animation and media art for 2-1/2 years. …………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q5. What inspires you and your work?

My husband motivates me to be creative and do art. Aesthetics in nature and urban development inspire my work. Any good movies, especially Pixar films, inspire me. Sometimes different books and other people being passionate about art inspire me also. …………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q6. What area(s) of Mosaic do you serve? In what capacity? How did you get connected to the ministry?

I usually do a lot of behind the scenes planning or events for the art ministry. I also paint at some of the services. I just got connected by offering to help in an area I saw needed to happen, which was heading up the art team at the Westside service, which I eventually handed off to Kirsten Presher who is much more skilled at it than me. She is a beautiful, happy, outgoing person who always makes people feel welcomed. …………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………
Q7. Tell us about some of your recent projects.

I have mostly just been playing around with painting and photography. I am hoping to start a small animation in my free time after I finish some baby gifts for my pregnant friends. …………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………;……
Q8. When you’re not creating what do you like to do?

Read, watch movies, hike, Go to coffee shops or the beach or eat good food.

Q9. Any other comments?

I believe that God created me to be creative. So in everything I do I want to be creative and love other people in the process. …………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………

http://kristingal.blogspot.com/
.

No comments: